[PD-dev] sourceforge dev

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Dec 19 18:49:59 CET 2005

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Plus, since desiredata does seem to be a fork rather than just a
> development branch, it would probably make the most sense for there to
> be a separate repository for desiredata.

That's a non sequitur argument.

However, a good reason for a separate repository would be so that
DesireData is not slowed down by the fact that most of our collaborators
(testers) don't have access to the non-delayed SF CVS and so are excluded
from a truly interactive development process because they can't get in the
private social club of pd's Real Programmers.

In the good days of ImpureData (april 2004) that was a real frustration
because I had to send *.diff files to testers whenever I fixed a bug that
they had just found, else they couldn't continue testing until 6 or 12
hours have passed. I was too shy to ask for a dev account for each tester,
as they were only testers. Now I'd rather not continue making those petty
distinctions. Let testers be part of the team.