[PD-dev] Re: PD-cvs Digest, Vol 10, Issue 15

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Dec 19 21:36:44 CET 2005

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> The bottom line is that the Pd source code is messy, we all know that.
> And we have to live with it.  Its a big project, there are dozens of
> developers, so change is inevitably slow.

I'd like you to substantiate that claim. There may be dozens of registered
developers, but how many modify the "pd" module? and how many modify
"pd/src" ?

My impression is that there is not enough people working on "pd/src" and
that this is because the development/release process doesn't encourage
developers to join the project.

> But personally I think that getting our code out to people who want to
> use it is actually very important,

I agree.