[PD-dev] help me with my DLL snafu

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Dec 20 06:54:50 CET 2005

So, I have a little problem with DLLs.  I have a [hid] object.  The
filename is hid.pd_linux, hid.pd_darwin, and hid.dll.  The Windows DDK
HID library is called... hid.dll.  Arg.  It gets worse... my hid.dll is
of course dependent on the Windows hid.dll.  So when Pd opens up my
hid.dll, it looks for the Windows symbols in my hid.dll, and they are,
of course, not there.

So I did a little LoadLibrary(), but that does not help because it
seems that Windows wants to follow all of the links immediately when it
opens my hid.dll, before even the setup function is called, so I get
the errors before any function is called.

Any suggestions as to how to deal with this?

____

scarcity."
                                                      -John Gilmore