[PD-dev] help me with my DLL snafu

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Tue Dec 20 18:36:23 CET 2005

Hi all,

> ...is it impossible to use different postfix's on windows?  Not that
> it'll help, but in Xcode it's called "executable extension", so maybe
> there's an option equally obscure on windoze?

i have always wondered why there is just .dll, and no .pd_win or .pd_nt
or whatever, similar to pd_darwin.
Just having done some short tests, doesn't seem to be a reason for that,
as everything is working ok. Clearly the pd loader would have to be
extended.
To my mind, it's advantageous to be able to use both the native shared
library extensions (like .so, .dylib, .dll) and custom pd ones.
The former to easily use it with dynamic linking and the latter to
resolve name clashes....

greetings,
Thomas

--