[PD-dev] sourceforge dev

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Dec 20 23:16:08 CET 2005

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005, Marc Lavallée wrote:

> Le 19 Décembre 2005 16:54, Mathieu Bouchard a écrit :
> > In practice all branches and subprojects in pd/src are based on very
> > small teams of size comparable to that of DesireData.
> That must a "desirable" pattern then.

How does commonplace imply desirable ?

> You work on a radical new feature, almost a new software, it's not like
> a port. That's why the idea of a branch, which is less extreme than a
> fork, could be considered;

Déjà vu. It was called ImpureData. Guess why it's not a branch anymore?
And now you recommend a branch? And then what's the difference between a
branch and a fork?

> that was the only important part of my message; I was mentionning the
> "#ifdef" as an example, not to be taken too litterally.

If you're not considering "#ifdef" as a serious example, what would your
serious example be?

> rejoindre la majorité silencieuse et la plèbe gluante des utilisateurs
> occasionels qui suivent aveuglément la minorité active des vrais
> développeurs de PD.

Well, I'm sort of underwhelmed by that statement...