[PD-dev] help me with my DLL snafu

geiger geiger at xdv.org
Wed Dec 21 11:06:36 CET 2005

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005, Miller Puckette wrote:
> OK, I'm liking "pd_win32" more and more.  If Microsoft makes a new dll
> format that permits bundling, that would be a good moment to change the
> suffix again...

Which leads me to a question I always wanted to ask, but never dared to.
What should be done on platforms that support more than one architecture,
like linux or macosx ?
Obvioulsy a xxx.pd_linux from a powerpc machine is not usable on a
pentium, which makes bundling impossible. One would need a
pd_linux_368, pd_linux_ppc, etc ...

Günter