[PD-dev] help me with my DLL snafu

Miller Puckette mpuckett at imusic1.ucsd.edu
Wed Dec 21 19:45:00 CET 2005

I think it's better to use file extents than directory structure to
disambiguate this, so that people can distribute "fat" externs within
a single directory.  If we want the suffix to combine both the architecture
and the OS, maybe the best name scheme is

.lin_32
.lin_64
.lin_ppc
.mac_ppc
.mac_64
.msw_32
.msw_64

The original ".pd" business was to disambiguate between pd, jmax, "max 0.26"
and Max/MSP, but now that that's down to only two offerings maybe that's
not an issue right now.

cheers
Miller