[PD-dev] help me with my DLL snafu

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Wed Dec 21 21:49:46 CET 2005

Hi all,

> I think it's better to use file extents than directory structure to
> disambiguate this, so that people can distribute "fat" externs within
> a single directory.  If we want the suffix to combine both the
> architecture
> and the OS, maybe the best name scheme is
>
> .lin_32
> .lin_64
> .lin_ppc
> .mac_ppc
> .mac_64
> .msw_32
> .msw_64

is _32 and _64 meant to be ix86 and amd64/emt64, respectively? Anyone
running pd on ia64 (itanium)?
The mac binaries might be ppc32 and ppc64 bits, but also ix86 and amd64.

here are some namings, explicitly including the cpu architecture:

.lnx_ix86
.lnx_ia64
.lnx_amd64
.lnx_ppc32
.mac_ppc32
.mac_ppc64
.mac_ix86
.mac_amd64
.win_ix86
.win_amd64
.irix_mips

on the other hand, i find it getting uglier and uglier.... preferring
some kind of folder-based bundles (optionally as a zip archive) more
and more.

best greetings,
Thomas