[PD-dev] subversion (Fw: SOURCEFORGE.NET UPDATE - 2005-12-22 EDITION)

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Fri Dec 23 12:36:20 CET 2005

> On Fri, 23 Dec 2005, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> > On Dec 22, 2005, at 5:31 PM, Tim Blechmann wrote:
> > > this looks quite promising ... i'd vote for switching from cvs to
> > > subversion as soon as possible ...
> > How about we let it get out of beta before we do the switch?
> > > imo, it's much more comfortable to use than cvs...
> > It may be in the end, but a lot of us have never used svn, so that
> > means taking the time out to learn it.
>
> Agreed. I don't think that switching to a beta svn right away is
> going to solve much, and would just divert our attention from more
> pressing things (whichever they are).

i wouldn't switch to the beta svn, but they're trying to get subversion
running "stable" in march ... then i would switch ...

on the other hand i can understand hans, that learning subversion is
very difficult which would delay pd's development by several monthes :-)
it's a very difficult program to learn, especially when comparing it
with something easy like cvs (just kidding) ...

having some experience with both, i don't want to start a flamewar, but
i ask the people who are afraid of using a new software to google for
cvs and subversion to figure out, what their arguments are and why
exactly, they want to stick with subversion.
i think no one sticked to win3.11/osx9/kernel-2.0, because he didn't to
learn winxp/osx/kernel-2.6

mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs