[PD-dev] building OSCx on Windows

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Dec 28 00:42:26 CET 2005

On Dec 27, 2005, at 3:14 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
>
>> Has anyone gotten OSCx to build completely on Windows using MinGW?
>> The  ./configure && make compiles everything, and makes the single
>> objects  fine, but it just doesn't link the OSC.dll library.  I'd
>> like to find  the fixes and put them in CVS, so that the MinGW
>> builds will  automatically build OSC too.
>
> Hm, I don't understand why you are trying to fix that at all? OSC
> doesn't need to build as a library. It's just three objects and
> actually I'm trying to get it down to just two by splitting off
> OSCroute. Just wondering ...

Well, it makes life much easier if the same build system works on all
three platforms.  It works fine on GNU/Linux and Darwin, so it seems
the shortest path would be getting the linking of the lib working on
MinGW.  But another option is to remove the OSC lib building altogether
on all three platforms.

____

Using ReBirth is like trying to play an 808 with a long stick.
                                               -David Zicarelli