[PD-dev] Yves Degoyon

Marc Lavallée marc at hacklava.net
Fri Dec 30 18:49:44 CET 2005

Le 30 Décembre 2005 01:43, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
> Any statement in a license can't just be disregarded.  That's a very
> clear statement within a license, so its legally binding.  And
> therefore PiDiP is not free software.

It has a weak legal binding. I would'nt say that it's "unfree" software,
it's more like a open source software with a moral statement written as a
banner in capital letters. This could be included in the "readme", not in
the license.

> I'd prefer to have that phrase removed from the PiDiP license, though I
> agree with its sentiment. Otherwise it will make distributing PiDiP
> difficult, among other things.

Yves's intention is to distribute PiDiP as free software,
and its license is very easy to fix...
--
Marc