[PD-dev] GPL

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Dec 31 00:20:47 CET 2005

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> The GNU GPL is good enough for most alternative networks,

Most of Pd is under the SIBSD license. That's also good enough for most
externals. PiDiP is one step away from being under the SIBSD. I tend to
prefer the GPL, but I'd rather not give the impression that GPL is some
sort of default choice in the Pd world. I say that also because if Yves
removed the non-free clause, the remaining clauses would be exactly SIBSD.

(note: SIBSD is the license that Berkeley adopted in 1999 to replace the
original BSD license, following advice from the FSF)