[PD-dev] Re: unit tests!

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Dec 31 04:26:44 CET 2005

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

>   outlet 0:
>     test results. a sequence of lists like:
>       list $name $passed? $accuracy $elapsed
>     for example:
>       list

Oops, the example is missing. It's actually:

  list commutative1 1 0 -

Which means that the 1st test about commutativity passed ($2=1) because it
was perfectly accurate ($3==0) and that we didn't measure the time ($4=-).

In the README I have just added info about how to measure accuracy of math
tests.

I also made a directory called generics/ which should contain tests that
are reusable over several classes. Those are all abstractions, but then,
all tests are going to be abstractions anyway. All test patches conforming
to the Test Protocol have the suffix -test.pd, to match the existing help
patch suffix -help.pd. Other .pd files are not tests by themselves but
other abstractions useful in making test patches.