[PD-dev] etiquette for closing sourceforge patches?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Jan 1 02:42:18 CET 2006

I think that if you include a patch, then you should mark it "Accepted"
and "Closed".  That is the ultimate aim of the patch tracker, so it
makes sense that you would mark it thusly.  Only if you actively delete
a patch tracker does it go away, so there is no harm is closing one.

It would also make sense if you also used some of the other possible
"Resolution" markers.  In the past, the comments would make up to
things like "Rejected", "Postponed", and "Later", so it would make
sense if you used those as well.  It seems to me that anything but
"Accepted", you can leave as "Open", and let the submitter take care of
it.

Happy New Year everyone!

.hc