[PD-dev] Political Impropriety

ydegoyon at free.fr ydegoyon at free.fr
Mon Jan 2 22:07:51 CET 2006

ola,

at least, some reasonable words from some reasonable person.

> Hola.
>
> I'm sorry to perpetuate this thread, and promise not to reply again
> and heed Frank's advice. I too think this discussion is getting
> childish. I've changed the subject line because I do see personal
> names on subject lines as totally gross ..

you're right, i find the procede very insulting and fascistic ..

> Moreover, it is inappropriate and out of place in this list, IMHO.

it's only to explain that i certainly know what it means
when i write 'NOT FOR REPRESSIVE USE'
and that i will not take that statement away.
i'm also here with people who suffered from Pinochet,
you can check indymedia, radio numero critico and radio neta ( valpo ).

> When you attack a single software developer for
> copyrighting their software (and no, I don't necessarily agree
> personally with that approach, in that I personally try to find the
> funding to release in the open), you undermine the real fight against
> software progress and the freedom organisations such as the FFII
> campaign for.

the problem is to copyright something like
'internationalisation of pd'
or
'unit testing in pd'
which are really ( or should be ) common and shared concepts.

the second problem is to present DesireData
as a new project, independent of PD
( and, de facto, to copyright it ).

the problem is to copyright what you haven't done alone..
the problem is ethical..
and i know i'm right.

saludos y feliz anio,
sevy