[PD-dev] writing loaders for the new loader system

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Jan 6 03:28:06 CET 2006

Now that Thomas' loader patch is included in pd core, I'd like to try
my hand at writing a loader.  Its quite simple, as far as I can tell,
to write an alternate loader that loads compiled C objects, but I don't
see how to do it for other languages, like Java.  What's the plan for
having other languages access the Pd API?

Also, it seems to me that ultimately everything should be loaded using
loader functions on the loader queue, including traditional libs, dlls,
and abstractions.  That would make it quite clean, then there would
also be the possibility of reordering the loaders.

____

"Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a more
direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in practice, it
can change entire economies."

                                        - Amy Smith