[PD-dev] PureUnity now includes an "external"

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Jan 7 04:45:32 CET 2006

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> On Jan 5, 2006, at 10:36 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> > If the buildsystem extends to /abstractions/ then what is the point of
> > keeping /externals/ and /abstractions/ separated? (apart from inertia...)
> I am open to suggestions how to best organize this, but I think for compiled
> objects, organizing around compilation system makes the most sense.

I suppose that you do it because it makes sense, else it wouldn't make
sense. However, I'd like to know _why_ it makes sense, which is the
question I was trying to imply when asking the aforementioned question at
10:36 PM.

> But Pd objects could really go anywhere.

BTW there's /xgui/ /Framestein/ /supercollider/ ... why are those dirs
where they are?