[PD-dev] help me with my DLL snafu

cdr ix at replic.net
Mon Jan 9 14:09:23 CET 2006

> because it breaks _my_ way of working with pd.
> and even though i am probably the only one who is sharing one
> home-directory with compiled externals across 4 different platforms, i
> don't think it is valid to ignore this need. (like in: we don't need a
> per-host pdrc-mechanism, since hardly anybody will use it)

hardly nnobody would have 4 platforms of externals in the same folder either :).

the point behind the per-host .pdrc would be to add a different -path for each one, so you can just use the native .so extension and -path extra/pd_linux -path extra/pd_win... just an idea (personally it think it should append some paths automagicaly based on uname, then you can just use subfolders...and dont need to add features to pdrc (its not like miller wants that or he'd have accepted the commenting and win32 support for pdrc long ago..)