[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Patches-1403917 ] bind abtraction-canvas to full classname

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Jan 12 19:32:30 CET 2006

Hallo,
IOhannes m zmoelnig hat gesagt: // IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> >
> >fully support this work.  I am not sure about the .pd suffix issue.
> >Isn't that the distinction between subpatches' and abstractions'
>
> yes, that's the main problem is see (or at least: this is the point
> where i expect problems if there are any)

Hm, it indeed might become a problem. I'm already very careful with
subpatch names and protect them with $0 wherever possible from
becoming an unintended target, because I use data structures and thus
"pd-x" receivers a lot (including the "clear" message of course), also
in abstractions where I cannot see the subpatch's name immediatly.

As abstractions cannot use $0 in their name, they cannot be protected
this way. I guess I would prefer to keep the .pd in the receiver
because of this. I probably will never be extra careful with sending
"clear" to something ending in ".pd".

Or am I misunderstanding your change?

Ciao