[PD-dev] bind abstraction-canvas to full classname

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Jan 14 14:12:40 CET 2006

B. Bogart wrote:
> Does this happen for all receives for abstractions or only ones which
> also contain the relative pathname?
>
> Will this break old patches that communicate with a subpatch?
>
> [pd array]
>
> [vis 1<
> [s pd-array]

no, this will stay untouched.

> Now I can't remember if its abstractions or subpatches that require the
> .pd extension... I guess they should be all consistant.

abstractions require the .pd extension. with the 2nd patch i submitted a
".pd" is appended to the canvas-receiver of an _abstraction_.
the "new" (currently: additional, but see the other mails on this topic)
canvas-receiver consists of the classname (== relative-pathname + filename).
there is no check whether the classname (how you call the object)
contains a relative (or even absolute) pathname.

it would be nice if you could just test your patches with a patched
version of pd.

fm.asdr
IOhannes