[PD-dev] bind abstraction-canvas to full classname (namecanvas)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Jan 15 18:09:05 CET 2006

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> So it seems between canvas names and namespace declarations/lib path
> need to be some kind of patch meta data which is able to be controlled
> from patch space and the properties panel.
>
> Perhaps this meta data can be stored in as part of the patch itself and
> stored in the .pd file with the addition of a #N meta line.  Then this
> data could be viewed and edited from the patch's properties panel, and
> objects like [namecanvas], [declare], [import]/[using] would be able
> to manipulate this data as well.
>
> In this situation, the meta data object would have an inlet to set the
> data, and an outlet to fetch the data.  This could be done with a

that's what i was trying to explain, though i was calling it [canvas]
instead of [meta].

> [meta] object, then make [namecanvas], [declare], [import]/[using] as
> abstractions based on [meta].

hmm, well; i don't see clearly how this should work. the [meta] in an
abstraction [namecanvas] would refer to [namecanvas]'s meta-data, while
you intend it to refer to the parent's meta-data.
so we would need something like a macro! - no we better not...

mfg..fwer
IOhannes