[PD-dev] $0 in messages, was: multiple $arg-expansion

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sun Jan 15 19:37:02 CET 2006

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 18:24:06 +0100
IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

> personally i have to admit, that i don't have problems with $ in
> objects and $ in messages. for me it really emphasizes the difference
> between a message (an event; only exists _now_; no knowledge of its
> environment) and an object (a process (a storage); persistant; ...)

well, i distinguishing # and $ for messages / objects would increase
the expressive power of the language pd, since two different language
features are expressed differently ...

reusing keywords for different features makes a language lot easier to
read / understand ... just compare with the different semantic of the
keyword 'static' in c++ ...

just my 1.5707963¢ ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

Which is more musical, a truck passing by a factory or a truck passing
by a music school?
  John Cage