[PD-dev] $0 in messages, was: multiple $arg-expansion

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Jan 16 11:42:10 CET 2006

Hallo,

> Much if not most of this problem was caused by the shortcut of allowing
> sets starting with a  float to be lists.  So shortcuts can do real
> harm.

I don't agree here (anymore), as [list trim] and [list] fix all of
this confusion. If you want to make sure, you get a list-list, use
[list] beforehand, if you want to make sure to get a "set", insert a [list
trim]. In many other cases Pd will do TheRightThing itself.

> Having # and $ could cause new confusions for beginners and others,
> like forgetting when to use # and when to use $.

That's a valid and important point. (I was just using # because it's
used in Max.)

Ciao