[PD-dev] Tcl exec vs. Microsoft filenames

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Jan 17 18:15:52 CET 2006

In u_main.tk, in the procedure menu_openhtml, this little snippet of
code does not work when there is a space in the file name (i.e.
C:/Program Files/pd/doc), but works fine when there are no spaces:

		  exec rundll32 url.dll,FileProtocolHandler \
				[format "file:%s" $filename] &

This opens HTML, etc from the menu/help browser, so it would be most
helpful to have it working.  I have tried a number of things to no
avail.

Any Tcl-meisters want to take a stab?  Matju?

____

this we should do freely and generously.
                                                   - Benjamin Franklin