[PD-dev] Tcl exec vs. Microsoft filenames

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Jan 18 04:55:40 CET 2006

On Jan 17, 2006, at 3:07 PM, Martin Peach wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>

>> Tried that, no luck.  rundll32 url.dll,FileProtocolHandler interprets
>>  the " as a character and gets confused because it doesn't know how
>> to  handle "file: URI types.
>

> Of course, that's why you should try format <"file:\"%s\"" $file>
> instead of <format "\"file:%s\"" $file>
> the quoted string is just <%s>, the path.

Tried both of those, no luck.  Sometimes, I get an error, other times
it silently fails.  I haven't tried the -shortnames option, that might
work.  But I won't have access to a Windows PC again until Friday
night.

If any of you uses Windows, you can easily edit the file yourself to
try out these ideas.  The file is pd/bin/pd.tk.  Search for rundll32,
that's the line in question.

____

realize his wishes.
Now that he can realize them, he must either change them, or perish.
		                                                -William Carlos
Williams