[PD-dev] using SIMD instructions in externals

Georg Holzmann grhPD at gmx.at
Wed Jan 18 14:52:35 CET 2006

Hallo!

> but looking at the headers for SIMD instructions, it
> seems I have to set up a dsp-perform routine (or
> something like it) for the plus_perf_simd instruction
look at e.g. volctl~ by Tim:
you have to make one perform routine without simd (volctl_perform) and
one for simd (volctl_perf_simd)

Then in the volctl_dsp you look (at runtime) if the processor can make SSE:

if(SIMD_CHECK2(n,sp[0]->s_vec,sp[1]->s_vec))
			dsp_add(volctl_perf_simd, 4, x, sp[0]->s_vec, sp[1]->s_vec, n);

if so, you can use the simd perform routine ...

LG
Georg