[PD-dev] pd-core lib + SIMD

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Thu Jan 19 12:17:58 CET 2006

Am 18.01.2006 um 20:56 schrieb Hans-Christoph Steiner:

> Thomas posted an idea a while back about making all of the core Pd
> objects into a library and having Pd itself just be the very core.  I
> am thinking of doing this for the next Pd-extended, and this got me
> thinking.  It would be great to have a SIMD version of the Pd-core lib
> as well.  This would be easier to deploy and maintain since it could
> be in /externals/ rather than part of Pd.

what i forgot to mention about the separation of core and internals is
that it requires a bit more code restructuring than just linking the
object files into two separate binaries. I remember some DSP functions
to be associated with internals - this code must be moved over to the
core part. But this should be done anyhow.

greetings,
Thomas