[PD-dev] Re: [PD] Re: [PD-announce] sIgpAck-0.03b

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Jan 19 23:59:58 CET 2006

Hallo,

> Its already is in CVS, as "sigpack", following the convention of the
> CVS having all lib/project folder names all lower case.  Having both
> sIgpAck and sigpack will cause problems on case-aware filesystems used
> on Windows and Mac OS X since they are two folders with the exact same
> name in that situation.

Oh, damn! I hadn't seen this and wasn't following pd-cvs close enough.

(Btw: The lowercase-convention is already broken with "miXed",
although I, too, generally prefer all-lowercase names. I asked Martin,
what he would prefer.)

> Plus, I see no need to have two copies of one project.

No, of course not.

> It should be  quite easy to make the sources that are in CVS already
> compile as a lib  with the sp_ prefixes.  You can do something like
> this to each source  file, in this case
> externals/sigpack/source/chop~.c:

The version, I checked in, has all help files renamed and the "sp."
replaced by "sp_" everywhere already.

Now, how should we proceed? (Better on pd-dev)

Ciao