[PD-dev] Tcl exec vs. Microsoft filenames

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Jan 20 10:59:21 CET 2006

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> Its not an URI, its a Microsoft format, so %20 doesn't work.  It needs to be a
> space, so its a question of how to make Tcl handle the space properly.  I
> think this would be a case for Tcl 8.5's {expand}.  How is it done in 8.4?

I never used {expand}. I'm not into Tcl 8.5 yet. I find the {expand}
syntax to be really weird compared to anything in Tcl prior to 8.5... I do
the equivalent this way:

set [concat [list foo bar] $args]

which is the equivalent of [list prepend foo bar] in Pd 0.39.

but i warn you, if you really need that for building what amounts to one
argument in the shell, it means that shell commands on Tcl/Win32 are
really fucked up. One argument should stay one argument.