[PD-dev] Re: [PD] Re: [PD-announce] sIgpAck-0.03b

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Jan 20 17:24:20 CET 2006

On Jan 20, 2006, at 1:38 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
>
>> If the changes that I mentioned in my previous email were made to the
>> externals/sigpack code, then it would compile into a lib with the sp_
>> and compile into a libdir for Pd-extended.
>
> The changes you proposed aren't necessary for the latest released
> source of
> sigpack.
>
> I now removed all files in externals/sIgpAck, hopefully the directory
> will be gone with that, too.

"cvs update -P" will purge empty dirs.  If you really want it deleted,
you need to submit a SourceForge support request.

> I will later check in the newsest version of sIgpAck into the
> externals/sigpack directory and move all files to their new names.

I'd prefer it if the file names stayed the same, otherwise that will
break the Pd-extended stuff.  The code in externals/sigpack is setup in
the way sigpack was in its previous release, and in a way that's that
everything else in CVS is.  AFAIK, there are no libs in CVS that have
prefixes like "sp_" in the filename.  For the objects that have used
prefixes, they were setup using "addcreator()" calls in C.  Plus, I
think that these prefixes should be deprecated since they are no longer
necessary or useful.

____

"I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have three
and dignity, equality and freedom for their spirits."
                                             - Martin Luther King, Jr.