[PD-dev] making a libusb object (expanding on [hid] toolkit)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Jan 20 20:08:52 CET 2006

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I was thinking of trying to have an generic objects as possible.  For
> example for [hid], I was thinking of maybe [axis] and [button].  My
> original intention was to make general interface objects for things like
> arduino and multio, but I think that they might be two different to be
> able to do this well, especially if you throw in the MIDI-based ones
> like the miditron.

We've already had a discussion about HID in the past, and your opinion was
that the MultIO shouldn't use HID. What has changed since?

[note: I was also the one who had requested that the MultIO gets a non-HID
mode, but that happened much before and that was because the HID driver in
the ordinary Linux kernel was really lame.]