[PD-dev] Re: [PD] Re: [PD-announce] sIgpAck-0.03b

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sat Jan 21 22:48:26 CET 2006

> Using CVS helps to make developing easier.

i do agree with that ...

> As for Pd-extended/CVS repository guidelines developed over time on
> this list, here are some (which should be properly documented):

well, please differentiate between pd-extended and cvs repository
guidelines. pd-extended is your (hans's) pd distribution, the cvs
external repository is a repository of pd externals. some of the
externals are included in pd-extended, some of them are not ...

> - the objects need to compiled in the single-object/single-file format

i think, this is a pd-extended guideline, not a cvs repository
guideline ... as i stated several times, i prefer to use libraries if
possible ...

> - the geiger namespace makes object name prefixes like "sp_"
> unnecessary, but if you really want them, that's ok.  But I consider
> them deprecated and ugly.  A better solution would be a more
> descriptive name if you want to differentiate from iemlib's and
> cyclone's [round~], unless they all do similar things.  With the
> geiger namespaces in Pd-extended, you can use all three at the same
> time even if they have the same name.

well, i don't think that having a sp_ prefix is that bad ...

tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

Happiness is a byproduct of function, purpose, and conflict; those who
seek happiness for itself seek victory without war.
  William S. Burroughs