[PD-dev] Re: [PD-announce] Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC7

Yves Degoyon ydegoyon at free.fr
Sat Jan 21 22:40:05 CET 2006

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> On Jan 21, 2006, at 2:00 PM, Yves Degoyon wrote:
>
>> ola,
>>

>>> I don't use PDP and PiDiP, so all I can say is "it works for me".
>>

>> i will not comment further on your stupidity,
>> with all your friends here, you're just killing
>> any idea of pd's community
>> ( if it ever existed )
>>
>> but, as people waste their time to look for defaults in other's work,
>> i would rather tell them to get a life..
>

> I am trying to get PiDiP working seemlessly in Pd-extended. I have
> never used PiDiP, so I have no knowledge of what is even correct
> behavior for it. I'd greatly appreciate help from you in this regard
> rather than criticism.
>
> If you, or anyone who knows anything about PiDiP, tells me what needs
> to be fixed, or even fixes it themselves, then we'll all be better off.
>
> You can't expect me to know every single aspect of all the code in CVS.

i don't know, is loading the library a good test?
( like this you would see the following font is missing :
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/helmetr.ttf
)

is missing in your tarball.

and, pidip is hardly a copy of effectv,
anyway, i know Kentaro since a long time
and he allowed me to port everything.

and the military clause apply to _my_ own code ( of motion tracking ),
you sometimes i did some code ( but maybe i shouldn't have )

ciao,
sevy