[PD-dev] Re: [PD] Re: [PD-announce] sIgpAck-0.03b

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Jan 22 17:22:11 CET 2006

On Jan 22, 2006, at 5:30 AM, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> primary contributor and cheerleader.  Plus its the only current
>> distro  that I know of (some others were based off of the same build
>> system,  like pd++.  The pd++ changes were then incorporated into
>> Pd-extended).
>
> well, the only _current_ pd-distro that i know of, is debian (holding
> pd-0.39 plus a bunch of externals)
>
> which shouldn't make your (and other's) efforts less...

I didn't realize that the Debian packages were being updated (Not that
I am faulting Guenter at all, Pd-extended was built upon his work).
The newest "pd-externals" and "pd-zexy" packages that I see are both
from 2004-06-25.  The "puredata" package is more up-to-date than
Pd-extended. "gem" seems up to date, and  PDP hasn't changed in a long
while, so "pd-pdp" is up to date.  pidip is missing from Debian tho.

If you go outside of Debian repositories, you can get some up-to-date
stuff here: http://sindominio.net/~caedes/debian/readme

____

realize his wishes.
Now that he can realize them, he must either change them, or perish.
		                                                -William Carlos
Williams