[PD-dev] Re: new zexy build system breaks pd-extended inclusion

geiger geiger at xdv.org
Mon Jan 23 23:02:40 CET 2006

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
[cutting the important part, butno for my argument]

> bad ideas? chaotic? just thinking

I am thankful that you bring this up, because I had troubles answering
Frank's question why I thought that the old build system was
unmaintainable. You just mentioned some of the reasons why. Consider
that you are only 1 of 50 (although probably one of the most active)
developers on the Pd CVS we end up with a real problem.

I do not know how to solve this problem though, I hope Hans attempt is
going to do it. (e.g. if the installer is successful every developers
wants to have good externals in there and they will take care of not
breaking it).

Guenter