[PD-dev] Re: [PD-announce] Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC7

Martin Peach martinrp at vax2.concordia.ca
Mon Jan 23 23:12:51 CET 2006

Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

>You see, it's normal to have systems sometimes. When there's an evil
>system somewhere, you shouldn't be worried about the fact that it's a
>system as much as the fact that it's evil, because, if you do, then the
>evil system has won, while all the potential good replacements lose.

Hmmm, I think all human systems become more evil with time: the more the
system becomes established, the more humans work for _it_ and must adapt
their behaviour to _its_ needs, even when it began as a user-friendly
sytem whose purpose was to help the people who started it; so all sytems
need to be thoroughly broken and rebuilt every once in a while before
they become too despotic, wasteful, counterproductive. Of course systems
in most need of reform are at the same time the most dangerous to meddle
with...

Martin