[PD-dev] PD memory free on quit

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Wed Jan 25 13:05:09 CET 2006

Hi Jamie,

Jamie Bullock schrieb:

>I may be completely wrong about this, but it seems like PD runs the 'free' function for each object class on a canvas if a window is explicitly closed, but not if 'quit' is selected from the file menu (when there are canvases still open).

true, PD just bails out without freeing any resources -- the scheduler
just exits.
That also has been a problem for me lately, when using named semaphores
under OSX, which must be freed otherwise they stay allocated in the OS.
Miller, it would be great if we could find a way for PD to cleanly exit.
This would also improve finding memory leaks with valgrind.

best greetings,
Thomas

--
Thomas Grill