[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Feature Requests-1413772 ] use file associations on GNU/Linux

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Jan 25 20:04:44 CET 2006

Hallo,
SourceForge.net hat gesagt: // SourceForge.net wrote:
> PDDP needs consistent file associations so that
> [pddp_link] can be used to link to any file type within
> a Pd patch.
>
> A generic method might be to use firefox/mozilla as the
> open method.  GNOME and KDE have their own methods, and
> these should be supported as well.

I'm not sure I understand, for what this is needed, but the
traditional way to do filetype/app-associations on Un*x-systems is to
use the mime-type-handlers defined in /etc/mailcap and $HOME/.mailcap

(I don't run Gnome or KDE and I would prefer if Pd would not open
Mozilla-Windows for all files.)

Ciao