[PD-dev] cross-compiling w32-externals

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jan 25 20:08:19 CET 2006

Zitiere Georg Holzmann <grhPD at gmx.at>:

> Hallo!
>
> >> PS: looking forward to the time where i can compile everything
> >> without  having to switch to w32.
> >> btw, is there a w32 cross-compiler setup at sourceforge?
> >
> > I don't know what's on SourceForge, but it should be relatively easy
> > set up on Debian, I believe its all packaged:
> >
> > http://rooster.stanford.edu/~ben/linux/cross.php

oh gosh, and i always did "aptitude install mingw32" :-)

the page is a great ressource for getting started, but unfortunately it does not
seem to hold any hint to my specific problem (my problem is not with setting up
a cross-compilation environment (i have one working for 1 year or so), but with
a weird behaviour at optimization - and even weirder since it works fine with
one library and not with another one)

> btw: how do you crosscompile things, which depend on other libraries ?
> (e.g. Gem)

well, that's on my todo list.
once i get to Gem, i think the real problems will be at linking to DirectX.
i think thoralf has managed to compile Gem with mingw on w32 (no
cross-compilation) i guess one could build on that.

mfg.asdr.
IOhannes