[PD-dev] $0 in messages, was: multiple $arg-expansion

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Jan 26 19:43:32 CET 2006

Hallo,

> Indeed.  When I work with variable data sets, I generally try to stay
> out of the realm of lists entirely, and use "undefined sets" and
> [prepend].

Since pd-0.39 I actually patch exactly the other way around:
Everything gets converted to a list using [list] in the beginning,
then I operate around, and in the end, there is a [list trim] if I
want to get a selector-less list back, otherwise I use the resulting
list-list and rely on Pd's automatic conversions of one-element lists
to symbols or floats, because I practically always want symbols and
floats if I get a one-element list-list.

I don't use [prepend] anymore.

Ciao