[PD-dev] Path Dialog and other stuff

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Jan 27 07:48:00 CET 2006

hey, I was trying to help someone getting PixelTango to run on Windows
using Hans' Pd 0.38 and I think the "Path..." dialog should have a way to
select directories using a GUI like [openpanel]'s but that accepts
selection of directories.

It would help alot because then we wouldn't make mistakes like trying to
write backslashes inside the paths, instead of slashes.

BTW we didn't get PixelTango to run. After adding a few paths and libs in
his conf, trying to open the first PixelTango example gives me a segfault,
and the way Windows reports it, it's all hex codes, so I don't even know
where the problem might be.

When someone has Pd segfaulting on Windows, what's the quickest route to
getting a function name or line number name out of the crash? If Pd.DLL
gets compiled with debugging symbols, would Windows use them instead of
hex codes?