[PD-dev] getting Pd's version within Pd

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sat Jan 28 10:40:58 CET 2006

> > I am thinking it would be quite handy to be able to get the
> > current version of Pd from in a patch.  This would probably take
> > the form of a
> >
> > [version] object that returns the version when banged.  The output
> > could look like this:

i guess, you can write an external that does a gensym(pd_version) ...

> i would love that!
> especially with things like [atan2] which make patches build with
> older versions of pd totally useless...

but maybe this is nothing that really requires an external ... maybe
it's something, to be sent to the receive symbol 'pd', when it's
banged ... (speaking in terms of programming languages, querying the
state of the interpreter rather than a function call)

mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere
  John Coltrane