[PD-dev] getting Pd's version within Pd

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sat Jan 28 18:20:55 CET 2006

> Yes, that sounds good.  Is there currently anything that sends data
> to [r pd]?

i once added an api for controlling the audio settings by sending
commands to 'pd' ...

> I think that a standard receive symbol would be a nice standard
> interface to a lot of things, like querying the state of audio/midi
> hardware, querying the meta information of a patch, setting/getting
> canvas name, etc.

well, it would be possible to query the state of all global
(interpreter) settings like audio settings, but i don't see, why it
should be used to query information from patches ... one would need a
|thiscanvas| or |thispatcher| object for that ... (or if it's for
dynamic patching just use dyn~)

tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
  Confucius