[PD-dev] getting Pd's version within Pd

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Jan 29 03:22:22 CET 2006

On Jan 28, 2006, at 6:00 PM, Tim Blechmann wrote:

>>> i once added an api for controlling the audio settings by sending
>>> commands to 'pd' ...
>>
>> yes, I saw that patch, I would be good to have that included.  I
>> think Miller had an issue that he posted on the patch tracker.  I
>> think it should be possible to get that issue resolved and that patch
>> included in Pd core.
>
> miller didn't like the patch ... didn't think it's necessary ...
> since i have another opinion about it, it's in devel ... and as you
> know, i gave up submitting patches a long time ago ...

I encourage you to try again.  Miller has recently accepted a bunch of
patches, including some big changes like Thomas' new loader stuff.  But
of course we can't expect him to automatically accept every patch that
we post.

____

"Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war on
terrorism."
                                     - retired U.S. Army general,
William Odom