[PD-dev] object with worker thread

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Feb 2 06:20:12 CET 2006

I am thinking of making a worker thread for the [hid] stuff which would
monitor the queue, then call a callback for each instance of [hid] that
wants data from that queue.  This would allow [hid] to easily and
properly support multiple instances that access the same device.

Also, I am thinking of a similar setup for multicast-DNS (aka Zeroconf
aka Bonjour aka Rendezvous) objects that I am working on.

Are there any objects that currently work like this that I can use as
examples?  Any pitfalls to this approach?

____

scarcity."
                                                      -John Gilmore