[PD-dev] backporting [list]

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Feb 3 18:08:08 CET 2006

On Feb 3, 2006, at 12:21 AM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Feb 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> Hmm, so what do I need to do to include [list] in 0.38.4?  It doesn't
>> work compiled as a single object, and it doesn't work if I compile it
>> as
>> part of Pd.
>>
>> There is still the old behavior, [list] == [bang], etc.
>
> hmmm, do you use gensym("list") or &s_list ? try the latter, just in
> case... and if they're different, i'd call it a bug.

void list_setup(void)
{
     alist_setup();
     list_append_setup();
     list_prepend_setup();
     list_split_setup();
     list_trim_setup();
     class_addcreator((t_newmethod)list_new, &s_list, A_GIMME, 0);
}

[list trim] gives me a symbol, altho there is this:

     list_trim_class = class_new(gensym("list trim"),
         (t_newmethod)list_trim_new, 0,
         sizeof(t_list_trim), 0, 0);

[list split] gives me a symbol, but [list split 4] works:

     list_split_class = class_new(gensym("list split"),
         (t_newmethod)list_split_new, 0,
         sizeof(t_list_split), 0, A_DEFFLOAT, 0);

But once it loads, then it works everywhere.  So you can just load it
as a library, then it works fine.  So that's how its going to work...

____

                     There is no way to peace, peace is the way.
						        				-A.J. Muste