[PD-dev] Re: Restructuring of CVS/externals

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Feb 3 19:02:34 CET 2006

On Feb 3, 2006, at 11:17 AM, Martin Peach wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> I could be convinced to use "_to_", but "to" aka [mtof] is not clear.
>>   Another idea is "->".  [hertz->midi], [hsv->rgb].  Actually, I
>> think I  might like "->" even better.
>
> Yes, me too, but I thought the > might get snagged on its trip through
> the multitude of parsers...

Thanks to IOhannes' hex loader patch, the setup functions will work
with these names now too.  Within Pd, its a symbol, so it should be no
problem.

The Mac OS X and GNU/Linux filesystems handle those names fine.  But of
course Windows is a pain: NTFS does not allow these characters in
filenames:

But again, IO's hex loader patch works on filenames too, so well have
to get used to seeing "0x3c" in filenames, i.e. hertz-0x3Cmidi.pd =
[hertz->midi].

____

                             http://at.or.at/hans/