[PD-dev] $0 in messages, was: multiple $arg-expansion

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Feb 3 22:36:21 CET 2006

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> - there are messages that imply the selector [1 2 3( and [5(,
>
> - there are messages that have a selector that is not a type: [this
> message is an undefined type(.  The selector is "my" in that case.  or
> [undefined(, the selector is "undefined".
>
> Just the fact that we can't even agree on a definition of the behavior
> is a good indicator of its whackiness...

i think that we are basically all agree on what we mean...
however, matju tries to be exact when it comes to definitions. calling
messages with an selector that is not defined as a standard a "undefined
set" is not correct in a mathematical sense (were mathieu seems to spend
some time; i believe him)
i think that we should get terms right if we want to define a consistent
programming language.
i also think that mathieu's objections are funny and should be taken
with a grain of salt (i enjoy his objections, so i try to not be offensive)

mfg.ad
IOhannes