[PD-dev] merging .pd files (was: $0 in messages)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Feb 5 09:37:55 CET 2006

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> >  * you forgot to handle the pointer case, which forms a triad with the
> >    float and symbol cases.
>
> Please add it.

BTW, if I change one of your helpfiles (or any .pd file in cvs), and your
copy is changed locally, how do you resolve a conflict upon update?

And because .pd files are considered as text files with line-oriented
diffs, and because merging almost always break a patcher if changes happen
in both copies of the patcher, how do people work with big patches in a
CVS ?

Shouldn't pd have its own diff/diff3/patch tool? How would it work?