[PD-dev] Re: Restructuring of CVS/externals

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Feb 6 02:11:10 CET 2006

On Feb 5, 2006, at 7:01 PM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
>
>> None of these work as [trigger b] or [trigger f] does:
>> [route f]
>> [route b]
>> [b]
>
> Actually [b] does work. It's functionally equivalent to [t b].

Ok, let's try that again.  [trigger] understands these shortcuts [t a b
f l p s].  These don't work like the [trigger] shortcuts:

[a]
[route b]
[b(
[route f]
[f 5(
[route l]
[l(
[l]
[route s]
[s(
[s] != [symbol]
[p(
[p]

And I am definitely not saying that should work.  Instead, I am just
pointing out the kludgeyness of the [trigger] shortcuts.  No other
language that I know has shortcuts for object/message/function names.
Each object, message, or function has one name.

____

publicity.

                      - Bill Moyers